Ayurveda talks about how water stored in a copper vessel can regulate the doshas or energies in our body, namely vata, pitta, and kapha. Studies show that water stored overnight (for atleast eight hours) in a copper vessel gets nourished with all the health benefits of copper. View more at #FactsPediaIn.
Here are 11 amazing advantages of drinking water stored in copper vessels.
1. Helps With Weight Loss Tired of following countless fruit and vegetable diets in vain? Try drinking water stored in a copper vessel regularly and be amazed by the results. Copper has the ability to get your digestive system back in shape. It will also help your body cut down fat quickly and effectively.
2. Keeps You Young Copper is packed with antioxidants which can slow down aging, keeping your fine lines and wrinkles at bay. It also promotes cell regeneration, replacing the dead skin cells with new and healthy ones.
3. Helps You Heal Faster Copper is known to heal wounds quickly, owing to its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiviral properties. Its ability to stimulate cell regeneration is another factor that contributes to quick healing. Copper can also boost your immune system and heal you from the inside, curing various internal infections especially in the stomach.
4. Regulates The Thyroid Gland A thread that binds together many patients who suffer from thyroid diseases is that they have very less copper content in their bodies. Copper is an important mineral that regulates the functioning of thyroid gland. Though mostly observed in people with high thyroid hormone levels, copper deficiency could pose a threat to those with low thyroid hormone levels too. Regular consumption of water from copper vessels can make up for copper deficiency and keep a check on your thyroid levels.
5. Cuts Down Cancer Risks Free radicals play a major role in the growth of cancerous cells in your body. The strong antioxidant properties of copper can eliminate these radicals and cancel out their negative effects on the body. Though it has not been scientifically proved, certain copper complexes are believed to possess anticancer properties too.