Union Budget 2017-18 Highlights #Hindustan360
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented the Union budget 2017-2018 in Lok Sabha today. Here is the complete highlight for you. View more at #Hindustan360.
Jaitley said the demonetisation move by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8th Nov, 2016 will not have a lasting impact on the economy. Jaitley also announced that the budget allocation for welfare of women and children under various ministries will be increased to Rs 1,84,632 cr.
- With better monsoon, agriculture is expected to grow at 4.1%. Target for agricultural credit for 2017-18 is set at ten lakh crore, announces Arun Jaitley
- We will support Nabard for 63,000 functional PACs. Done in 3 years at an estimated cost of Rs 1,900 cr.
- Issurance of soil health cards have gathered momentum. Fasal Bima Yojana – 40% cropped area to be covered in 2017-18, 50% in 2018-19.
- A dedicated fund worth Rs 5,000 crore to be set up for micro-irrigation under Nabard
- MGNREGA should create productive asets to improve farm productivity, incomes. MNREGA allocation increased.
- Highest ever allocation for MNREGA at Rs 48,000 crore. Participation of women in MGNREGA up to 55%.
- PMGSY roads work accelerated to 133 km roads/day in 2016-17 as against 73km/day during 2011-14, says Arun Jaitley.
- Sanitation in rural areas has gone up from 42% in October 2014 (launch of Swachh Bharat) to 60% now.
- Allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awaaz Yojana up from 15,000 cr to 23,000 cr.
- Minilabs by qualified local entrepreneurs to be set up for soil testing in all 648 krishivigyan kendras in the country.
- 100% village electrification will be achieved by May 1,2018.