Chief Minister, while presiding over the meeting conducted for finalization of priorities of MLAs for budget 2017-18. View more at #YesPahari.
The Himachal Government has proposed annual Plan of Rs 5,700 crore against Rs 5,200 crore plan for the current financial which reflects an increase of 9.61 per cent, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said today.
Presiding over the meeting of MLAs from Solan, Shimla, Sirmaur, Mandi, Kullu and Bilaspur districts to elicit their developmental priorities to be incorporated in the 2017-18 budget, Singh said that the increase of 9.61 per cent in the annual plan was more than the growth rate of the state which was 7.7 per cent.He said that Detailed Project Reports (DPR s) amounting Rs 470 crore had been got sanctioned through NABARD for meeting out the MLA s priorities, adding that DPR s of works amounting Rs 1100 crore had been submitted and forwarded to NABARD for sanction.
- He said that Rs. 500 crore Skill Development Allowance Scheme was being implemented for unemployed youth. Under this scheme, as many as 1.52 lakh youth had so far been benefitted.
- In addition to this, Asian Development Bank aided Rs.640 crore, Skill Development Corporation had been set up with to provide training to the youth as per youths as per need and adaptability of Industrial houses.
- He said that the government had eased the procedure for setting up of new industries in the state so that more employment opportunities could be created and Mukhya Mantri Start-up Yojna was being implemented.
- The Chief Minster directed the cases for forest clearance be pushed up vigorously to pave the way for faster development and concerned officials should adopt a proactive approach in this regard.
- Taking serious not of delay in completion of developmental works, chief minister directed that all the contractors, not completing the works on time be replaced and dispensed with.
- He directed that DPR should be prepared at the earliest for widening of the Dharampur-Kasauli road and water pipes be purchased in anticipation for providing water to households.
View more at #YesPahari.