Growth rate of Himachal Pradesh is expected to be 6.8 percent and per capita income likely to rise to Rs 1.47 lakh during 2016-17, as per the Economic Survey of the state. View more at #YesPahari.
“The Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) is expected to increase from Rs 1,13,667 crore in 2015-16 to Rs 1,24,570 crore in 2016-17, while the growth rate under the 12th Plan (2012-17) has been estimated at 7.2 percent,” said the Economic Survey for the current financial year, presented by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in the Assembly.
- The food grains production which was 16.34 lakh tonnes in 2015-16 is likely to slip to 16 lakh tonnes while the Horticultural production would be about 5.10 lakh tonnes against 9.29 lakh tonnes in 2015-16, it said.
- Apple production, which accounted for 84 percent of the total fruit production, was 4.56 lakh tonnes upto December 2016 against 7.77 lakh tonnes in the previous year.
- Similarly, the vegetable production is also expected to be down to 15 lakh tonnes against the 16.09 lakh tonnes in 2015-16.
- The tax collections have not shown the desired growth and may fall short of the target, which was raised by 15 percent over the actual revenue collection of Rs 5,614 crore. It was Rs 4,636 crore upto December 2016.
- There were 8,24,478 unemployed persons registered with the employment exchanges at the end of 2016 while Rs 116 crore were disbursed under the Skill development allowance to 1.58 lakh beneficiaries.
View more at #YesPahari.