Toy Train will soon have more coaches and facilities to attract tourists, General Manager Northern Railway RK Kulsheshtra said on Saturday. View more at #YesPahari.
UNESCO World Heritage Site
The ‘Toy Train’ running on the 112-year-old hilly railway track was declared UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008. It would soon have more coaches as the manufacturing of wheels for narrow gauge bogies, which was discontinued, would resume soon, he said after inspecting the heritage track here.
- Admitting that there was not much scope for extension of the railroad, he said the existing track should be preserved and improved.
- More facilities should be added to make the journey comfortable alog Railways.
- On progress of work on Baddi and Manali-Leh railway lines, he said work on extension of broad gauge rail link to Baddi in Solan district would start soon.
- Land related issues with Himachal Pradesh have been settled and those with Punjab are being resolved, the General Manager said.
- Efforts are being made to start work on Bhanupali- Kullu-Manali-Leh railway line, he added.
The narrow gauge track meanders through several beautiful locations. These would be identified and improved to attract more tourists
RK Kulsheshtra, GM Northern Railway.
View more at #YesPahari.